Ayurveda is the traditional medicine system of India. It has a huge potential in preventive and curative healthcare. Ayurveda has always emphasized more upon on body’s response. The occurrence of disease happens only if the Bala (Body immunity) is reduced.
The preventive aspect of our immunity function is majorly related to our digestive system. Balanced doshas or bio-energies, through cleansing, are also essential for a proper resistance to illness.
In the wake of COVID-19 cases, enhancing the body’s natural defence system (immunity) is important in maintaining optimum health. The Ministry of Ayush recommends the following self-care guidelines modified as per the available evidence for improving immunity.
1. Drink lukewarm water frequently.
2. Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by the Ministry of Ayush National Clinical Management Protocol for COVID-19 prophylaxis
3. Spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander), Saunth (Dry ginger) and Lahsun (Garlic) are recommended in cooking.
4. Consumption of fresh Amla fruit (Indian gooseberry) or Amla products.
5. Gargling with warm water added with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
6. Food should be freshly prepared, and easily digestible.
7. Take adequate sleep (7-8 hours) and avoid daytime sleep.
#ayurveda #immunityboost #ayurvedaimmunityboosters #immunityagainstcorona #ayurvedalifestyle #thane #mumbai #ayurvedic
Cross Lane, Laxmi Vilas Apartment, Flat no 1, Ground Floor, Gadkari Rd, near RBL Bank, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400602